Along with the excitement of Christmas, we sometimes also feel quite a bit of stress, and much of it is related to finding just the right gift for our loved ones. We always want to get gifts that are meaningful and will bring joy, but gift-giving can get more challenging for senior parents or grandparents, who typically may live in retirement communities and not need things for the house or additional “things” to clutter their living space.
If your loved ones live in a retirement community in San Antonio, we have some gift ideas that are sure to be enjoyed – these experiences will create memories that will be cherished for years to come:
- Enjoy a day out! Head over to SeaWorld San Antonio! The 250-acre park is dressed up in 8 million lights, which is the largest Christmas light display in Texas. Have dinner with Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer or with Santa and Mrs. Claus, and arrange for a meet and greet with Shamu. (SeaWorld ticket price is $65 per person).
- Take a River Cruise with Go Rio in San Antonio. You can take Narrated Tours which run daily (weather permitting) from 9 am to 10 pm. You can buy tickets online ($12 for adults, $6 for children 1-5, and $9 for senior age 60 and older. There is also a festive Holiday Lights Cruise – call 210.227.GRIO to reserve your tickets early. Ticket price for the Holiday Lights cruise is $25 for adults and $12 for children aged 1-5.
- Visit Santa’s Ranch in New Braunfels, Texas, just 15 minutes north of San Antonio. This lovely Christmas Lights Park is decorated with 1 million lights and 100 displays. You can enjoy the festive displays from the comfort of your own car as you drive through the one-mile park. Don’t forget your camera! The cost is $28 plus tax per vehicle.
- Enjoy the Moscow Ballet’s Nutcracker at the Majestic Theatre. Celebrate Christmas with a classic ballet, performed by world-class artists. Ticket prices range from $52.25 to $126.25 each.
- Who doesn’t have fond memories of seeing “White Christmas” starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney and Vera-Ellen, year after year? Now you have the opportunity to enjoy White Christmas at the Majestic Theatre. This magical show based on the 1954 movie is full of dancing, laughter and the classic songs we know and love. Ticket prices start at $30 each.