Chances are that you have heard of chiropractic care before. It can help reduce neck pain in seniors and offers a proven nonsurgical treatment option that can work for anyone. A chiropractor is able to look at the senior’s spine as a whole and is able to treat specific issues that might be bothering you. This is going to help treat the neck pain while also helping to avoid issues in the future. A good chiropractor is always going to diagnose the specific cause of your neck pain with a thorough examination. Chiropractic care is not just about treating the problem that is occurring right now, but treating the whole underlying concept of neck pain.
Chiropractic Treatments For Neck Pain
It might be uncomfortable to imagine someone using spinal manipulation if you have no clue what to expect. In order to treat your neck pain, there are a number of different techniques that a chiropractor can use. A few examples of these include:
- Trigger point therapy – This therapy is used to relieve painful, tight points on a muscle.
- Therapeutic massage – This is often used to treat tense muscles.
- Specific spinal manipulation – By using a gentle thrusting technique, a chiropractor is able to restore joint movement.
- Instrument-assisted manipulation – In order to avoid thrusting into the spine and still be able to apply force, a hand-held instrument can make that possible.
- Flexion-distraction technique – This is a hand-on, gentle treatment option that does not rely on direct force. Rather, it uses a pumping action that focuses on the intervertebral disc
It is important to note that these are just a few examples that you might experience if you go to a chiropractic professional in order to have them treat your neck pain. These are merely a few examples of possible chiropractic treatments and your actual treatment might be very different. So you know what is going to happen to you when you get there, you want a good chiropractor to thoroughly explain your treatment options. That is going to help you understand treatment and also allows you to relax as the treatment is going on.
The Benefits Of Having One Onsite
Many of the better independent living facilities are going to have an chiropractor who is able to visit regularly. This means that seniors are able to experience many of the benefits listed here without having to worry about how they are going to get to the appointment. Just another benefit of seniors living in assisted living.