Chances are that you have heard of chiropractic care before. It can help reduce neck pain in seniors and offers a proven nonsurgical treatment option that can work for anyone. A chiropractor is able to look at the senior’s spine as a whole and is able to treat specific issues that might be bothering you. This is going to help treat the neck pain while also helping to avoid issues in the future. A good chiropractor is always going to diagnose the specific cause of your neck pain with a thorough examination. Chiropractic care is not just about treating the problem that is occurring right now, but treating the whole underlying concept of neck pain. Chiropractic Treatments For Neck Pain It might be uncomfortable to imagine someone using spinal manipulation if you have no clue what to expect. In order to treat your neck pain, there are a number of different techniques that a chiropractor can use. A few examples of these include:
- Trigger point therapy – This therapy is used to relieve painful, tight points on a muscle.
- Therapeutic massage – This is often used to treat tense muscles.
- Specific spinal manipulation – By using a gentle thrusting technique, a chiropractor is able to restore joint movement.
- Instrument-assisted manipulation – In order to avoid thrusting into the spine and still be able to apply force, a hand-held instrument can make that possible.
- Flexion-distraction technique – This is a hand-on, gentle treatment option that does not rely on direct force. Rather, it uses a pumping action that focuses on the intervertebral disc